If you are a KCLive watcher (on KSHB Channel 41, mornings at 10 a.m.) with Joel Nichols, you may have seen Carol Ann Parker teaching Joel how to make felted balls.
Feltmakers use the same basic materials (wool - in the form of yarn, roving or reclaimed knitted fibers), soap, heat and/or friction) but their amazing creativity ranges widely!
Some even grow their own by raising their own sheep! This sweet little guy is a stress reliever.
Visiting artists are:
Plan to visit Eclectics on Saturday, October 11 - there will be various felt making artists around all day - and a reception from 4-7pm with live fiddle music from one of the artists!
- Donna Putnam: felted scarves and massage lambs
- Jamie Root: felted hats and apparel
- Judy Santner: felted apparel and hand bags
- Becky Stevens: felted wall hangings, pins, and scarves
- Carol Ann Parker: felted hats
- Barrie Mason: felted post cards and apparel
- Lauri Davidson: felted scarves
- Jackie Kincaid: felted jewelry, hand bags, and scarves
- Kate Barsotti: needle felted animals
- Lyla Bradshaw: felted apparel and jewelry